Anonymous wrote:
I am a Reinsurance Technician with over 30 years experience. I have held positions ranging from Supervisor and Team Leader to Manager and Senior Technician all in a processing environment. I have internal audit and management information and gap analysis experience with advanced MS skills.I am today 59 yrs of age and looking to break into a more admin functional type role utilising my numerical, analysis and MS skills. I am finding this an impossible task, what am I doing wrong.
A Divisional Manager in Marks Sattin's Investment Management and Insurance Division wrote:
Whilst I cannot be clear on exactly what you mean by "admin functional type" the advice I would give would be stick to your strengths. People are going to hire you for what you have to offer, not just your ambitions. London is a huge people market and there will always be people with more to offer in a function you have no direct experience of.
With 30 years experience in something as specialised and complicated as reinsurance, and with a genuine skills shortage in internal audit I would recommend you play to your strengths and continue with roles that may include control review of a reinsurance claims dept or audit of reinsurance documentation etc.
Best of luck with your search.
About the WH Marks Sattin Job Doctor
WH Marks Sattin is a specialist recruitment agency dealing with accountancy, finance, tax and consultancy professionals. This is our Job Doctor forum/blog.
Looking for a career change? Want some advice on which industries are good to get into at the moment?
Go on, ask our consultants some questions! If you want you can comment on our answers... We hope you find it useful!
To ask a question follow these steps:
1. Click "comments" on any of the previous posts (even if it isn't related to your question
2. Type in your question in the box
3. Select "anonymous" if you don't have your own account
4. Click "Publish your comment"
We will try to answer your question in 3 to 5 days.
http://www.whmarkssattin.com/
Looking for jobs in IT? Why not talk to our sister company Greythorn - specialist IT recruiter.

Looking for a career change? Want some advice on which industries are good to get into at the moment?
Go on, ask our consultants some questions! If you want you can comment on our answers... We hope you find it useful!
1. Click "comments" on any of the previous posts (even if it isn't related to your question
2. Type in your question in the box
3. Select "anonymous" if you don't have your own account
4. Click "Publish your comment"
We will try to answer your question in 3 to 5 days.
http://www.whmarkssattin.com/
Looking for jobs in IT? Why not talk to our sister company Greythorn - specialist IT recruiter.
Thursday, 5 July 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Good Morning Mr Sattin,
Re; Bookkeeper/Accounts Assistant.
I am a qualifies AAT (2001)together with a few other similar level accounting quals.My most recent assignments were in Internal Audit with a big 4 & a top 20 firm.
Due to Regulatory changes in Sarbanes Oxley, I have been made redundant in March. Since then I have beeen completing the AAT Bookkeeping Certificate Course, Excel NVQ level 3, and Sage Line 50, so that I may return to an accounting role working as part of a team on a salary range of between £20 to £25K, I am interested in either pracice, commerce or the accounts office of a legal firm (they always request legal accts experience ?)What areas do you suggest? What challenges / difficulties will I face to get back into work?
Post a Comment